What Personal Information About Customers Does AutoPartsWAY.ca Collect?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at AutoPartsWay. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Auto Parts Way. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at AutoPartsWAY.ca if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from AutoPartsWAY.ca if your computer supports such capabilities.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as your account settings, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of AutoPartsWAY.ca's coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does AutoPartsWAY.ca Share the Information It Receives? Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We do not share your information with third parties; however we reserve the right to do so in the future with your consent. Auto Parts Way may share partial information with our affiliate companies or companies that AutoPartsWAY.ca controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of AutoPartsWAY.ca customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your contact our customer service representatives.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that AutoPartsWAY.ca or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- At AutoPartsWAY.ca, we ensure that it's safe by transferring all of your personal information, including your name, address and credit card, over a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) line. This ensures that your information is encrypted and cannot be read by others as it travels over the Internet. The secure mode begins when you initiate your order. You will know you're in secure mode when the tiny padlock icon, located at the bottom of your browser, appears as "locked." You also can verify you are in secure mode by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address will change from "http" to "https." After the information reaches AutoPartsWAY.ca, it is stored on a secure server, which means it resides behind a firewall and cannot be accessed by any unauthorized personnel. We reveal only the first two and the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number using 128-bit SSL encryption technology to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access? AutoPartsWAY.ca gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Amazon.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such AutoPartsWAY.ca features as your account. You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, you will not be able to use such as your account.
Children AutoPartsWAY.ca does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use AutoPartsWAY.ca only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.